Zara try-ons, Boon Tong Kee Chicken Rice: How I spent my SG50 monday :)

Hello!

So I thought I would share how I spent my afternoon yesterday because there's food and fashion involved ;)
Okay so basically at lunch time my family decided to pay a visit to Vivocity for a while and they went to Timberland to look at cool boots whilst I went to Zara to take a look at some of their new collection!

I actually did see the clothes already as they've been out for a while, but never had the time to try them so I took the chance to do so!

1. White Jumpsuit

OMG I am super in love with this jumpsuit which has the culottes style bottom. I do think it looks super mature on my though, plus its 100+ SGD haha and a little sheer in real life. Still, I think it looks super cool ;)

2. This denim crop top

Totally in love with this one the most. Zara has many new and cool denim items in their new collection, including this boxy-cut denim top that comes with a white bralet underneath. I think it looks super dope! The denim is super vibrant which I super duper like, and not only that, is also super in trend. It's around $60 though :(

3. This denim-like shirt
 So this shirt definitely has that light wash denim look, but it's in fact a blouse material. Super light and comfy! This was $49.90 I think, and I thought it looked really nice. However, the price is steep for the material, so I didn't get it :(

4. This super cool high-low blouse!

This blouse looks super clean cut and professional, but also super duper trendy. I really love the crisp cut of the shirt. I believe its around $70 SGD, so definitely not cheap D: but it's Zara. The blouse can be a bit sheer in certain lighting though, but I still really love it especially paired with the skirt I'm wearing today :D

Finally~ here's my outfit of the day! I am wearing my white off shoulder crop from Hollister, my printed skirt from Zara, and my shoes are by Windsorsmith and I think they are called the Lily? It took my a while to wear my Hollister crop because it's super difficult to find something to wear underneath it! If you wear any skin coloured tube tops underneath it might actually show so I had to figure a way for the top to be more opaque :) Still it is super comfortable and I really love it!

 Okay so remember when I said I didn't really like Timberland yesterday? SCRATCH THAT. I like something which I tried on from them today (don't have a photo which I took sorry) but someone close to me will be going to US at the end of the year so I might be able to get it :D
Soooo... the item that caught my eye was:
The Original Yellow Boot. This is Timberland's iconic boot and I really really really love it but its $324 SGD and because it is iconic it is sold at a fixed price D: which means no discounts whatsoever. I'm definitely hoping it's cheaper in the US.
I think what caught my eye was because I think it was the inspiration for Jeffrey Campbell's Nirvana Boot. (picture below)
I really do love this boot a lot but because of my height platforms don't really suit me. The originals are actually a better fit for me as a result :P

Okay... finally moving on to what I had for lunch :D We went to River Valley Road's Boon Tong Kee, which is a super popular chicken rice restaurant. They have seriously good chicken rice. The rice is moist and fragrant, the chicken is nice and soft but also well cooked :) Not only that, they have a great selection of delicious zichar ;)

 Notice the rice comes in a super triangular shape haha.
 Here's the chicken and also the Sambal Kangkong!
 Braised tofu in claypot - came with tons of delicious gravy! Tbh I know that gravy is unhealthy but oh well :P
And... the final dish which is a super super favourite of mine: Fried squid with Salted Egg Yolk and Cream Cheese ~ ermahgerd this is seriously crazy crazy good. 

And that was how I spent my afternoon! Time to get back to studying again sighhh... This year was truly the best one ever holidays wise and celebrations wise though :) so I'm super grateful! Hope you enjoy and sorry if my photos look abit awkward haha.
Love,
Khione


Comments

Popular Posts