How I spent National Day :) and Happy Birthday Singapore!

Hello! 

Just wanted to do something different and do a tiny "diary" of how I spent National Day :) 

So in the morning, I had tuition which pretty much took up most of the morning. I stopped by Raffles City to shop around for a while :) 

Okay so I stepped into Marc by Marc Jacobs and holy god I want this wallet so bad it's part of Marc Jacob's Unsmiley collection, which is apparently pretty old in the States but brand new in SG. This wallet was $230 though, so I do think I'll try to get it in the States :) 
Ahhhhh this convertible sling-backpack thing is super cool :0 
Also we stepped into timberland! You get $50 off almost all the regular priced items in Timberland as part of SG50 so we actually got some cool shirts for the males in my family for just $9 (down from $59). Simply download the Perkd app to get the coupon :D it's seriously one of the best SG50 promotions for men. I don't really like the women's line at Timberland, but if that's what you like then I guess it's great for you too! 
We headed to Orchard for lunch and Forever 21 was having a cool photo booth thing for SG50! 
So basically you had to hashtag Forever21SG and post the photo on Instagram/ Facebook to get a free tote bag and also print out your picture! 
I printed my picture out :) 
FYI, tote bag contains just a simple magazine. Also, for SG50, there was 20% off with a min. of $50 purchase! 
For lunch, we dined at the Hong Kong cafe thing at Orchard Central. It was definitely not worth the price and wasn't that good at all. 
Firstly, drinks were not cheap. Which I guess is normal at orchard but ermahgerd drinks are so expensive D: 
This was the beef brisket noodle - no comment as I didn't order this 
I ordered this "Korean style" noodle which really just was Korean style because it was spicy and had some kimchi on it. Personally it didn't taste very Korean style at all :( it was $7.50 so also not very affordable? Definitely disappointing...
I feel even more disappointed saying this but my noodles were supposed to come with an egg (it's beef and egg noodle) and the chef actually forgot to put it in at first which was kind of like careless of them? Considering the kitchen staff normally look and cook from the same recipes I'd think that when an order form said beef and egg I would get beef and egg, not beef and having to ask for the egg :/ 
No comment as I didn't eat it ^ 
But yea, the bill came down to an average of $12 a person which for the quality of this food is shitty expensive like seriously D: 

We went shopping around afterwards! We got home to watch NDP on TV because we didn't get to obtain tickets to physically watch it :( 

But we had a late dinner at Sushi Tei! 
This is the soft shell crab + fish roe roll. 
Ebikko sushi - always a fave 
Salmon sushi 
Inari sushi 
Spicy beef ramen 
Japanese beef curry rice 
Beef mentaiko pasta 
Oyster mentaiko rolls~

Meal was super delicious! Really love Sushi Tei's mentaiko dishes :)

And finally I'm hoping someone can let me know why innisfree decided to discontinue their color change tint balm as I really want the one in grape D: sure hope I can find it soon.
So here are my hopes for Singapore this SG50: 
1. Support PinkDot! Everyone should be able to express their sexuality openly :) leg the pink dot movement set our LGBTQ community free from oppression! 

2. That our country can continually do well, and thrive as a nation that can stand on its own two feet someday. I really hope our country can one day support itself fully (however naive this dream may be) and also continue keeping up the good progress that has been observed in the last few years! 

3. Never forget your past, but do create a bright future. Forgetting what our ancestors did for us would be the worst, so it's definitely something to be careful about :) at the same time, I hope that our country can continue creating new hopes and dreams, creating a bright future for future Singaporeans requires an entire nation's effort :) 

But yup! Happy birthday Singapore 🎉 it's been a joy living in here for the past few years, and I look forward to the many more years to come :) 

Love,
Khione 

Comments

Popular Posts