Breakfast at Swensen's : not worth it?

Hello! 

Thought I'd bring another food post with a great breakfast I had at Swensens today. For those who wonder why, I had a voucher so it was basically one-for-one breakfast, and so the average price of one breakfast would be $6-7 which is still alright for a restaurant. 

Okay so we topped up $1 for juices, otherwise it's tea or coffee. I don't drink any tea or coffee so yea :) 
Alright! So here's the first dish. It was half eaten by the time I got there haha but it's the Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict. Super super good! The smoked salmon was extremely complementary, and furthermore the yolk was soft on the egg so the egg yolk is basically meant to spread on the bread - tasted absolutely heavenly. The normal price for this is $12.90, which is super steep for me so if there weren't any offer I honestly would never order it :/ 
Okay so this is the Omelette one. It comes with a nice fluffy omelette with tomatoes inside and some herbs, some fried baby potatoes, 2 ciabatta buns, 2 cheesy sausages and the creamy mushrooms. 
Firstly, even though I do know that pictures are meant for illustration purposes mostly, I really felt that the omelette was way too small compared to the size shown on the menu. The omelette was shown to take up at least a third to half of the plate, and clearly in this picture the size is so much smaller, which was disappointing. Sausages tasted quite alright, cheesy (bonussss) and the potatoes were quite nice too. The creamy mushrooms is kind of a weird side I would say - it's like a concentrated mushroom soup or something. And there's just a teeny tiny scoop so that's even weirder, meaning I don't know whether to consider it a side or a sauce. And the ciabatta bun - oh god. I don't know if it's like a thing but it was a little sweet? I don't really like having any pastries that have salty + sweet unless it's something like salted caramel, chips-with-chocolate style. But I would admit I'm picky so another person might disagree. Furthermore, this dish sells at $12.20 normally, again very very steep. 

All in all, I don't think I'll be eating breakfast here on any day if there aren't promotions as good as 1 for 1 or at least 50% off just because it's completely not worth the money, and the quality is subpar. In fact, I would much rather spend that money on lunch because I think that Swensen's offers way better deals for lunch and dare I say dinner than for breakfast. If you do have the promotions, I'd say get it because it's worth it, but otherwise it's definitely not that great. 

That concludes it! 

Till next time :) 

Love,
Khione 

Comments

Popular Posts