Hong Kong Trip Day 5 + 6 - Harbourfront, Pizza Hut and Dim Sum at Mong Kok

Hey! So sorry about the lack of updates :) Have been spending time with family and friends lately, especially when preparing for Christmas etc! I also took some photos with a camera documenting my visit to see the Christmas lights @ Gardens By the Bay on Christmas itself, will post that before the Japan trip, which I am not really sure whether I really want to go through all the days now because there will be tons and tons of posts since I went for like 12 days. 

But let's jump right in! I didn't do much Day 5+6 so that's why I decided to post them together :) 

Went to Harbourfront City that afternoon (day started late), and we stepped into Fendi. I really wanted to see what these bag bugs which have been SO famous lately online looked like - they are so very cute! But they are made of real fur which is kind of a bummer because there has been so many issues with cruelty to animals especially in the fur industry. Also, can't really justify spending a thousand on a fur keychain or bag charm, particularly when these are probably just popular now for the trend and don't really seem to be the kind to hold its value later on. 
 Really wanted to show this to you guys! It is an MTR Fare Saver at Harbourfront City. If you tap your Octopus Card on it, you actually save a bit of money. (I would advise you to get one if you are visiting, because you can return the card when you leave and get money back I believe, and fare rides are cheaper with this card.)
 Every year, Harbourfront has these really elaborate themed Christmas decorations, and this year they featured Pixar + Disney! The windows here are Toy Story themed as you can see below.
 Took a really gorgeous photo of the sunset - sets pretty early here, around 5-6pm.
 They have tons of Hong Kong Disneyland Christmas edition goods on display!
 Tsum Tsums - super obsessed with them, they got a super cute set up too ;)


Okay so later on that night we went to Pizza Hut to have dinner :) We ordered some sort of Apple Pie? and a custom Pizza :)
Found it strange but they served dessert first haha.
 Then came out pizza! We topped up to get the little cheese niblets at the ends of the pizza (stuffed crust?)
 That actually concludes Day 5! I was resting up more those 2 days as I was pretty exhausted from previous days, and it gave me some time to freshen up :)

The next day, we actually went to this Dim Sum restaurant called The London Restaurant, somewhere in Mong Kok. My family loves this place, and it is quite a favourite with the locals. It is especially packed during brunch time, so I would recommend you to pay this place a visit for some great Dim Sum that's super affordable too!

Fried Shrimp balls
 More fried stuff - believe this was tofu skin or something, can't remember.
 We ordered some chicken feet, as well as vinegared pork trotters, which are quite popular.
 Also ordered this fried noodle, I can't remember the exact name but it's fried with dark sauce, vegetables, and some sort of bee hoon. I do order this in Singapore as well, and when translated directly from Chinese (only know the chinese name sorry) it's called Soy Sauce Fried Noodles (?)
We also ordered XO Carrot Cake, which is a serious must try for any dim sum restaurant.
 I also went to American Eagle Outfitters for a bit, but didn't like anything so I left :) Day 6 was rather short as well, so combining them would allow me to post up the final days and then get to my November favourites which have been sitting around as a draft for like forever :/
That's all for Day 5 and 6! Hope you enjoyed this post :) Thank you for reading!

Love,
Khione

Comments

Popular Posts