Hong Kong Trip Day 7 + 8 - Pizza Hut, Fayuen Street, puppies ~

Hey! here we go for Day 7 and Day 8 which although will be a long post, I do seek your understanding as I didn't want to post them separately and have one of the days overlooked :)

Okay so that day we actually went to Mongkok again (yes, there are a lot of things to do there)
Had Pizza Hut for lunch.

Ordered hot lemon tea
Iced lemon tea (always a fave)
Yuzu soda
We ordered the christmas set lunch and then added on the fondue set :)

Here are the mashed potatoes (which were actually SUPER freaking good oh my)
Spaghetti Bolognaise (for me)
Christmas pizza (forgot what's inside but I didn't really eat this one cos I wasn't too big a fan of it)

2 Soups - cream of mushroom, and minestrome (which was gross apparently)
And the fondue!
We actually ended up having way too much food and had to eat leftovers for like the next 3 meals or so because literally they do not write the portion size down right. 2 drinks, 2 soups, a huge pizza, a pasta and mashed potatoes for 2 people?! Honestly I wonder what kind of 2 people will actually be able to finish that meal, but yea I was really stuffed.

We then went to Fayuen street, which is kind of famous for having nice road stalls, but the good stuff is normally behind all these stalls, and there they sell tons of fashion that do have different styles.

So they do have more hipster / modern stores such as this one down below
And this
But yea, I would say they carry street fashion at decent prices if you can find the proper stuff. However you do have to note that because of the popularity of these stores on the rise in the recent years, I can confirm that they have definitely increased their prices significantly. Certain outerwears I did find to be over $40 SGD which is most definitely not worth it.

Another thing is, for the same item, they can have different prices in different stores. Sometimes it is about the lining inside being different for the exact same design, whilst sometimes it can just be overpriced for one store. Either way, I would advise that if you do shop in the stores here, you should definitely try to look at all the stores first and especially if you are eyeing a piece, make sure you check every store, look for the lining you like and then try to remember the one that has the cheapest price to get the best deal. Most of these store owners do not do bargains, but you can definitely try. Also do try to look for printing errors / spelling errors in the clothes sometimes because you can find such items out on sale since many are imported from China.

But yea, I did find some very candid examples of what I mean by things that just do not make sense for clothing. Eg. I found this shirt super funny (who the heck would actually wear that come on)
and also this jacket
Great sentence, enough said.

I did actually go back on Day 8, so keep on reading to see what I got!

But before that, I did want to show you guys that there is this street right next to Fayuen Street that is called the Goldfish Street or something, and it does sell all your needs for aquariums, as well as some pet stores

These puppies are so cute! They were kissing each other (aww)


Day 8 
Time for Day 8! The final day of Hong Kong. I had some time in the morning so I actually went back to Fayuen street as there was a jacket that I was eyeing which I really wanted to buy :)
 I did try to take more pictures of the shops so you guys can see what they have. They do have a very tiny selection of summer items, since most of the clothing sold are more longer sleeved items because it is technically fall / winter season for HK.
 I actually quite like the street style clothes they sell here.
 I bought something from this store (picture below)!

 I also took a train to Sham Shui Po, which is known to be more famous for wholesale fashion, but I did want to check it out.
 They did have pretty unique items, quite different from the ones I saw at Fayuen Street, but I didn't really see anything I was too interested in. Still, would be a great place to check out :)
 Okay now this store, Man Hing is the one I would recommend you check out.
 They have tons of denim jackets, pants etc for a super cheap price! If you are a person who is fond of DIY and all, I saw a denim jacket here that was around $10 SGD, really great wash and all. I'm not that great at that kind of DIY and didn't like it plain so unfortunately I didn't get anything, but if you love that kind of stuff, and if you are talented enough I think you could do something seriously bomb at a low cost if you get your denims here.

Anyways, I actually headed back pretty quickly since there wasn't too much I was particularly interested in like said earlier.

Went to Circle K later on to get some lunch ;)
 And here's the jacket which I got! The back has this super awesome eagle motif and the words Brooklyn. I honestly love anything with the bird motif especially when it looks this dope.
 Okay for some reason I cannot rotate my photos on Blogger so I'm really sorry to have to show you the front of the jacket in this manner :/
 And I did eat the spicy cup noodles (the fire noodles) as well as drink the watermelon juice for lunch!
 So I went to the airport later on.



 I saw SOOOO many cute Disney things there, especially the christmas themed ones omg!
 Look at it ~

 SO CUTE





 Couldn't get anything because they were all way too expensive :( but super cute though! The Disneyland store is always a must see whenever I visit HKIA

Next, I went to Zara, and I got a hat (will show you next time)
 Also went into Tory Burch which was having a massive sale to take a quick peek ;)

 So many cute bags!

 And then I went to the Longchamp counter to check things out :)

 I really was considering about the Longchamp backpack since it has been super in trend lately, but after much consideration I actually do prefer my Louis Vuitton Montsouris much better :)
 Also saw Marc By Marc Jacobs!
 I did take a peek inside their electronics store as well!
 Okay so then I actually boarded my flight. Was pretty hungry, so the stewardess was super nice and got me some cookies! It was vanilla, chocolate and lemon (YUM) and also a nice cup of orange juice :)
 Here's what the meal looks like! It was a beef stew I believe?
Honestly didn't really like this meal at all - the meat was not good at all (the sauce was not cooked well, and was extremely salty). The mashed potatoes tasted like Campbell soup powder was accidentally mixed in (like it had that signature Campbell flavour), and overall it was just not a nice dish. I was honestly pretty disappointed with how the food turned out :/

But that concludes my HK trip! Pretty glad it is over :) I will be posting a collaboration up tomorrow, followed by my super belated November favourites!

See you soon and thank for reading :) I hope you enjoyed this post

Love,
Khione

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts