Hong Kong Trip Day 3 - Hilton at Shenzhen, almost getting robbed, taking trams and shopping at Causeway Bay ~

Here comes Day 3! 

I had breakfast at the Hilton (it is included). It's kind of typical, just a regular breakfast buffet. Took some pics to show you guys how it looks like though!

 So here are the things I ate!
 Pancake + Honey and Nutella, as well as a huge serving of Caesar Salad (clearly missing my salad)
 And couldn't fit this on the first plate but the second is just ketchup with hash browns and a fried egg.

I was particularly excited because the fruit juices here are freshly squeezed! It's something that you really don't see too much as most of the juices normally come from concentrate.
 They also have a really decent bakery selection :)
 Salad corner ~
 Here's a view of what it looks like from the floor I was staying at!
 So we actually went back to Hong Kong after breakfast and hanging around for a bit (sorry there are no pictures).

I really wanted to share about this really kind of scary, nearly getting robbed experience. So basically when I was travelling back to the customs, we had to take a train. At the very station we got on, there were these two guys standing not too far behind us to the right. I was super suspicious of them because they kept grinning whilst looking us up and down, almost as though they were looking for our valuables and where they were stored etc. It was just super shady because normal people obviously don't look other people up and down any time.
And yeah the shady thing goes on. We actually got down to transfer to another line that would take us straight to the customs. At that station, I noticed that one of the guys was still following us. By then, I was just seriously over it because I obviously wouldn't want anything of mine to be snatched regardless of value. We immediately walked off to another gate to board the train and thank the gods we never saw those guys again. Really wanted to share this horrible experience because later on, when we were on that train, we heard another lady exclaiming really loudly to her friend to be careful of her bag around the area where the guy had boarded, so I think it was very possible that those two guys were up to no good. We've also read stories online about people getting their phones or their bags snatched or pickpocketed whilst on the train (regardless of the presence of a crowd). Just wanna warn everyone to be careful when you are overseas about your valuables. If I ever use my phone I normally try to wrap my hands and grip the phone real tight just to make sure if anyone tried to make a run for it it would not be easy. Another thing is to try not to sit too close to the exits as you will make a very easy target. That experience was seriously not too great though, but thank god we got out safe and sound and everything was  still with us. 

And then after that of course, we headed back to Hong Kong! We went to Maritime Square again, and saw the Starbucks x Anna Sui collection which had just released. 
 Here's a picture of the full collection!
Most of the containers were actually really expensive, and the bags were not exactly practical for me too so we ended up just getting the Starbucks card.
 For 200 HKD, you get the card, the pouch and 200 HKD of stored value in the card so that's why I thought it would be a good idea to get it since the card and pouch were essentially "free". And also because my family members do visit Hong Kong very often and having the card could come in handy since there's the accumulation of points. FYI Starbucks is cheaper there ;)

We then proceeded to have a very late lunch. My dad ate at Cafe de Coral and he ordered the imitation sharks fin soup with char siew rice.
 The char siew in Hong Kong actually tastes super good! Way better than the kind you have here, or at least the most common ones I have had (eg. the Pontian kind). Could be a variation of taste due to location though, not exactly sure but the Cafe de Coral one had really good flavour.

And then I headed on the MacDonald's to have some nuggets.

 By the way, MacDonald's in Hong Kong tastes a hundred times better :D The fries are usually golden and crispy which is much better than the soggy ones I used to have here. Also the nuggets are much more crunchier. I chose lemon tea for my drink :) It was a really good meal! I don't really eat Macs to often though because it's not healthy at all but I do have some occasional cheat days (like perhaps once every 3-6 months) or when there's like some limited edition collectible thing that I am interested in (eg. the One Piece collection and the Minions collection).

We actually took the train from Tsing Yi station all the way to Olympus I think? And there we had to buy some herbs for family before heading off to the tram station.
 So for those who aren't familiar, you can actually get around Hong Kong Island by taking the tram. It's a really old transport system and I honestly don't see these too much (last I did it was in Edinburgh but those are a lot more high-tech and come with air conditioning and wifi). Trams are slightly cheaper than taking the train or bus around so that's kind of a plus, and I think it really allows you to take a good look around. As I have mentioned before, it's an old transport system in Hong Kong, so the buses are really old too (they have the wooden seats and flooring) and there is no air conditioning whatsoever, but I have always liked it because it's such a unique form of transportation.
 Here are some shots I took whilst on the tram!

 Passed by this really old lighting store called Versailles!

 And saw these beautiful lights decked out for the merry season at Hong Kong Hotel.
 We alighted near Causeway Bay and took a walk there. We actually passed by Times Square, but we didn't enter since it's mainly full of luxury brands and we didn't see the point going in as we had no interest. Besides, we had already gone to Harbourfront where there were tons of luxury brand stores.
*step photo*
 I was dying to visit Lee Theatres for a store that one of my relatives had recommended for me to check out.
 But we kind of got distracted by the huge Uniqlo which was having a massive sale.
 FYI the mannequins move up and down!

We walked to this corner where all the special collections were located :)
 They had a collaboration with Disney and had these super colourful Mickey plushies!
 More pics ~



 Star Wars collection which was super popular.
And after idling around (I didn't get anything), we finally went up the escalator to the store which I was dying to visit - Ã…land!
 Ã…land is a clothing store with a Korean-style concept (okay I think it is a Korean fashion store) and one of my relatives who was around my age recommended that I check this place out as she always got her stuff from here when shopping.
 Super cool leather jacket!
Ã…land has this really cool wooden shelf full of their favourites and the pricing is set at 82 HKD if I remember correctly. Because it was already time for the Fall/Winter collection we saw tons of longer-sleeved clothing as well as more thick wool and knit items.
 Saw this really cool maroon bomber jacket but it was really expensive! :(
 And they also had these super cool one-of-a-kind jackets that seriously reminded me of Jac Vanek :)
 More pictures :)

 I actually managed to buy 2 items from Ã…land! Will do a short post of my haul separately as I don't want this post to be too long.

Also passed by this huge Apple store (hadn't seen anything like it before that)
I stopped by the Forever 21 as well, which has like 4 floors and huge space so it was at least 3 times bigger than any F21 in Singapore! Had to check it out as I always do every time I go over to HK.

There was a huge Star Wars themed section that was seriously messy because people were tossing the clothes everywhere :(
 Saw this super cool Star Wars onesie!
 More pictures of the store :)



 Aren't the polar bears cute??
 I tried on this item which was basically the Alec Monopoly x Forever 21 collection :) Had seen this on elinpapi4baby's channel as part of her haul but unfortunately never saw this in SG! The prints were really loud though, so I didn't buy it in the end as it's not exactly my style. I'll provide links to the collection if you want to check it out :)




 http://www.forever21.com/Product/Category.aspx?br=f21&category=promo-alec-monopoly 

And here are the other 2 items I tried on!
 Correction - this F21 has 6 floors including the basement, 5 for females and 1 for males.
 Saw this really cool ripped denim shirt! It was 40+ SGD though so I didn't get it :(

 Super huge sports section which is really exciting as F21 has some awesome sports things.


 Here's how the store looks from the outside!

 FYI I got one item which I will be showing in the haul :)

We then headed to SOGO which was having a huge anniversary sale!

 Didn't get anything from SOGO since there was nothing that I fancied :)

We then headed to this food corner that you will kind of pass by between Forever 21 and SOGO.
 Went into a noodle place to have some dinner :)


 Salty soya milk?
 Also got this sticky rice roll for my grandmother :)
 And I ordered the cold soya drink which was hella good! It was homemade and was just the right amount of sweetness for me :)
I actually ordered their signature Shanghai noodle which was basically chicken + veg + noodles + soup.
 This dish actually tasted super super delicious. Especially the soup, it was super rich and just the right consistency. The noodles were well cooked, and so were the chicken and vegetables.

My father ordered the wanton noodles, which were great as well! I tried one of the wantons and they definitely taste homemade.

 More pics of the store

 Here's what the storefront looks like!

 We actually had our dinner at around 8pm so there was significantly less people around as compared to what we saw at 7pm when this place was packed to the brim and there was a long line forming.
We actually went straight home afterwards and had a relatively early night :)

I will be uploading the haul separately because I really want to put in the pictures that I had taken from the websites, show you guys the item in real life as well as include some links and talk about each item I got which would have made this post super long (and it is already long enough in my opinion).

Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed this post!

Love,
Khione


Comments

Popular Posts