Hong Kong Trip Day 1 - Arrival + supermarket + supper

Hey guys! I'm currently in Hong Kong for one whole week until the 30th, so I thought it'd be fun to post about what I do :) I arrived yesterday on the 23rd :) let's get into it! 

So we arrived at Changi Airport and there was this gorgeous and cool as hell display in honour of Star Wars : The Force Awakens movie coming out. Although I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, I really like how much detail was put into the whole entire setup! 
*bad lighting alert* 
For a quick OOTD: 
Top: UNIF CAT Got Your Bong Tee
Leggings: Nike 
Jacket: Jac Vanek x Topshop 
Shoes: Fred Perry

And here's the lounge we went to! 
Here's what it looks like : 

We took some soba :) 
Roasted pumpkin soup! 
So I ate some soba, seafood linguine, mini pizza, shredded a little cheddar, roasted pumpkin soup and beef stew for lunch. 
Fruits! Had some too
Hot chocolate time ~


Desserts 
 Okay so basically I forgot to check in my contact solution and the guy just didn't want to let me bring it through even though the inside had less than 100ml but because the container didn't we couldn't bring it in. Really wish they were more flexible as other airports have allowed it. 
Plus I don't understand why they're so stringent since it's not like I'm gonna steal anything and put it INTO MY LENS SOLUTION or attempt to open the bottle yet alone use it on flight... Really do not understand this stupid concept but yea learnt my lesson the hard way. 

Now for some happy moments (beautiful is perhaps a more suitable term) clouds in the sky while in air! 

This was the meal - I did not eat the fish (it was dory and very very hard and stiff. I already don't like dory that much and so this really wasn't doing it. Ended up eating all the veg and the pasta salad and the mash. 
Got some instant noodles! Because they're not exactly super cheap for the airline they don't tell you they have it less you request for it (#hackz) 
Quite surprised they gave Koka and such a big bowl too! 
Sunset - it sets really early in HK! This was only around 5-6pm.
Night view (only 6.20pm or so) 
Finally reached! 

I got this data card that was $118 SGD (really quite affordable) and it's got unlimited outgoing calls and also a 5GB data. You also get to connect with the telecom's wifi hotspots wherever available (which as of today I discover there's a lot) so it's really convenient
I do recommend you get data cards as they are pretty essential if you're going around rather unfamiliar. Plus, most wifi spots in HK that are free and without subscription have a very short user time per day - around 20-30 minutes. 

Airport! 
On the way to a relative's house :) 
So we went to a mall afterwards and stopped by the supermarket. And boyyyyyy were the goodies so enticing 

Instant Noodle Chips: 
Holy moly :000 

We need a Doritos size like that in SG
INSPIRED TWISTIES HAHAHA 
And the Korean ramen here is half the price compared to NTUC (SG please up the game) 
Also the selection is on a whole other level for cup noodles - tons of cool flavours I had never seen before! 


Heard this tasted pretty legit: 
We bought bread, a big bottle of a dupe for Vitagen (basically cultured milk) but less sugar because I find the normal ones very very sweet! And some ranch Doritos (couldn't help myself) 
We were a little hungry so we had supper at Genki 
Been a while since I made green tea on my own! 
Ordered some sushi: 

Ikura: $10 HKD

Can't really remember the prices of these :( 
But it was tobikko, soft shell crab and avocado roll and this roe cream fried pork roll thing - all of them are really really good! I realise that I only see mentaiko cream in Singapore and Malaysia - for HK, I think only Itacho has (Itacho has tons of stores here woot). And in Japan I haven't seen it at all particularly since it's not exactly "authentic" to the Japanese cuisine apparently. 

But yup! That's all for day 1. I'll try doing a plane essentials soon :) thanks for reading! 

Love,
Khione 

Comments

Popular Posts