Europe Haul 2015 ~ Louis Vuitton, Hollister and more

Hey yall! So I'm finally back from Europe and I am super excited to share with you guys what I managed to buy in Europe. (I went to London, Scotland and France) To try something different, I will try to include links to items and where you can find them :)

I will also do a separate post on the food I ate, the places I went and so on. So let's jump right in!

Also, if you would like to see the Chanel bag that we got (here's a photo), I have already uploaded a separate post on it (because it is such a very special buy)
http://eatdressblog.blogspot.sg/2015/06/chanel-haul-new-collection-limited.html

Now, back to the haul. I have taken photos of some of the items, but for the ones where I do not have the pictures, they will be taken from various online sources. (either in the wash or already kept and it would be troublesome to take it out just for a photo)

Fashion
We managed to visit the Louis Vuitton sort of "flagship" store - really not sure about that, it just looked like one because it was such a huge building and had several floors.

There, we purchased an LV Speedy in the medium size as well as a small handbag that could double up as a pouch for the bag. We got the speedy in the classic monogram, and the pouch in the grid pattern. Obviously, these things are extremely pricey, but we were in France so in euros it was actually much cheaper than places such as the US and especially cheaper than Singapore (honestly LV is way too expensive here) and hence we agreed to get it (my family and I). That being said, we will not be purchasing any more LV pieces (cos we feel it's enough).

1. LV Speedy 30 in the Monogram print (around 900 euros, but for 600+ euros, you can get it without the long straps)

(has one slot as an inner compartment)
http://eu.louisvuitton.com/eng-e1/products/speedy-30-monogram-008784

2. LV Pochette in the Damier Ebene Canvas Print (we did not see this at Lafayette) (around 300 euros)
Just to explain, because the Speedy doesn't come with much compartments, we got the bag to use as a pouch because my family likes to have a pouch inside bags that don't have much compartments. 
So that's all we got from the LV store~
We wanted to get the white coloured ones at first, but the saleslady advised against it as it was really easy to dirty and it would really make you have a headache taking care of it in that sense, and the darker coloured ones were better. Also, we wanted to get a bucket bag from LV, but the one issue was that the strap could not be adjusted and was quite short. Hence, we decided to go for the speedy.

Next, I will share with you guys what I got at the Galleries by Lafayette. Lafayette is an extremely famous department store in Paris, and has this absolutely amazing selection of brands and stuff. Be it big brand names from Chanel to Louis Vuitton, Pandora, Swarovski etc, it is a really great place to stop by if you want to get some common pieces from various brands. They also have more affordable labels such as Topshop, ElevenParis, Urban Outfitters, Zara as well as items designed by the company, not to mention an amazing section where you can get second hand pieces that are particularly good looking in the vintage section. Lafayette is extremely huge, and they have several buildings. They even have two metro stations that can lead you straight to it! Also, men and women have separate buildings (connected by a bridge or a road) and each are several floors. It's truly truly amazing. I will definitely do a post on my visit to Paris and highlight this place again :)
But yup! I got some stuff from Lafayette. 
Firstly, I visited Topshop. Honestly, I would say that Topshop in London is cheaper for some items, and cheaper in euros for other items. You will really have to check the prices online to see where to get what. But here's a guarantee: it is definitely cheaper than Singapore
SG's Topshop is honestly super overpriced. I don't buy stuff from there often as a result. It is counted as an affordable brand in Europe, and I can really tell why. Unfortunately, I only liked one item in the Topshop section there so I didn't manage to get too much ahaha. Also, note that they do tax refunds for tourists, so I basically got 12% off. 

So the item I got was the Utility Grosgrain Crop Top at 34 euros before tax returns. Online in Singapore's Topshop website, it is $56.90. I paid less than $40 for this item when converted to SGD after tax refunds.

I also got a super cool bucket bag (I have been looking for it literally everywhere). I wanted to get a real leather bag because faux leather really cannot survive in Singapore. I really don't like getting faux leather because the weather here is truly awful for faux leather so if you stop using it for a while it's probably never gonna look the same again with all the peeling which is awful. I found a really cool bucket bag. It was rather expensive imo, but it will be my birthday present (My birthday is on 28 June!) and it will last really long (also it's really practical) so yup :) It's a Furla bucket bag, and it was 260 euros before tax refund
The bag is super cool. It comes with a zip pouch inside which allows you to store your valuables (I will probably add this to my June Favourites and show you guys). I found this extremely practical because a bucket bag like this does not come with any kind of zip, so having a zipped pouch attached to the inside of the bag allows you to store your valuables. Really nice shape, only downside is the inside is kind of suede-ish so you can't dirty the inside. And there are also some negative points about leather, such as the exposure to sunlight and water causing damage.

And we did get another LV bag in Lafayette. Note that in all LV stores, the prices are the same for Paris. So even in the department store, they are the exact same price. I personally don't really think my style would suit this kind of bag, but there are people in my family who love this style. It's really popular, and it's the monogram LV never full. I've seen it on various Youtubers and bloggers online, and it has always been raved about. I can't remember the price, but it was approximately in the range of 700-900 euros.
This bag comes with a pouch on the inside to make up for the lack of compartments (like my Furla). I don't have a picture of this as I forgot to take a picture before it was kept (sorry). So yup :)

I also got a Pandora bracelet with one of the charms (because they had a sale recently, many of the charms were sold out and so the ones I wanted were not available). I just got the simple sterling silver bracelet and the moon charm (I love moons). On the flip side of the charm, there is also a sun (yay :D).
(can't find this one :( )
The total came up to around 93 euros I think? Which is cheaper than Singapore :)

So that's all that I got at Lafayette. We did get more stuff, but I'm only showing stuff that I can use/ are mine so yup :)

From two different Zara stores (One in Oxford Street London and another in this mall in Paris), I got two pieces of clothing :)

1. High waisted Shorts (London)
I can't find the exact colour, but it is in this style. It is 49.90 SGD, but I got it in London for 17 pounds which is around 35 SGD :) I will upload a photo of it in my favourites as it is washing now! I don't really have any high waisted denim shorts that are kind of easy to pair tons of things with so I decided to get a pair

2. Jacquard Skirt in white/navy (Paris)

This gorgeous skirt comes in 4 different colours, but this is the print I chose. It was around 14-15 euros, which is 22.50 SGD or so, and retails for 35.90 SGD in Singapore. 

From the same random mall in Paris, I managed to get one Hollister crop top that was on sale for 7.99 euros (price in SGD would be around $12). There is no Hollister in Singapore that I know of so yea, if you guys want this I would recommend a spree instead!
I think this is quite an old item, so unfortunately I cannot find a link :( or even a picture. However, it is identical to this American Apparel one! (I apologise that the model is not wearing lingerie underneath and I promise mine is more opaque)

In Scotland, I was really lucky enough to finally be able to have time to shop at Primark which is this really affordable UK store. 
Unfortunately, Primark has no online store and my clothes are in the wash so I will find something similar!

I got this Batman sports bralet but the logo is the classic yellow and black. At the back, there is the t-back sort of cutting and has the same batman logo but smaller :) I didn't check the item but the back logo was sort of peeling off :( will probably stick it back on haha. It was 6 pounds I think, around 12 SGD

Next, I got this Harry Potter crop top for 6 pounds. 
(Pic credits to the owner that is not me!)
It is a speckled grey colour :) It is not a muscle tank, just an average crop top. Kind of long though... And that's all from Primark!

Europe really doesn't have many great outlets. It pales in comparison to the US outlets imo. But I think that one should never give Cheshire Oaks a miss because we got some super awesome deals there!
We stepped into the Asics shop and were pleasantly surprised because there was an Onitsuka Tiger section (Onitsuka is owned by Asics). Onitsuka is super expensive in Singapore so I had to get a pair :)

This pair only cost me 20 pounds, around 40SGD. One thing though, it is faux leather. Whilst I dislike faux leather, I think that with continual wear (I would wear these a lot because I really like them) and careful storage, I believe I can find some way to keep them in the best condition possible. 

Another pair of shoes I got was at Fred Perry. Fred Perry shoes retail around 100SGD a pair according to my friends, so I'm not really sure if that's true. But I scored a pair of full white faux leather ones for 22.50 pounds, around 45 SGD. I plan to use these for school, so I'm quite excited about them. I am considering using them for lookbooks too, but I'll have to think about it. Also I really apologise for not having any lookbooks in such a long time, I simply can't find a photographer :( I will sort this out!

No links for the outlet items sorry! I think they are quite old :)

Forgot to mention, but I went to Claire's as well! For 4.50£ and also a further 30% off (discount storewide), I got this sun and moon tattoo choker necklace (love) 
Kind of basic but super cute! 
http://m.claires.co.uk/sun-moon-pendant-tattoo-choker-necklace/shop/fcp-product/35554

To finish off the fashion section, I got a Cath Kidston bag at the airport, on sale for 26 pounds. These bags do retail for around 100SGD in Singapore, but are super affordable there. There were some bags going for 16 pounds as well, which was super good a price. 
I got the Rainbow Rose Backpack :)

Beauty
Okay so I am done with the fashion section (finally)
The only few beauty products I got are like seriously not much.
Okay so from the airport duty free, I got two benefit items.

1. Benefit High Beam Highlighter

I don't use makeup often, but I was planning to start trying some simple makeup just for special occasions. The high beam has been raved about by some people whom I follow on social media and I really love it so yup! This high beam was 16.25 pounds, and retails for 35 SGD here

2. Benefit Boo Boo Zap

I am honestly not sure if this really works, but apparently you can use it to treat sunspots which I do have. I also get really dry skin from going overseas, and sometimes I have pimples etc. So using this serum would really help with that. It is supposed to target problem areas on the face in general!

Next, I got this set of Born Lippies from the Body Shop for 4.80 pounds. I plan to give them to my friends as souvenirs, but I will be keeping the purple one and maybe the nude one, not sure yet. I am not allowed to spend too much on gifts, so I try to not go there as my family is not very comfortable with that (I am not cheapskate, I am just being respectful because after all, the money isn't mine)
http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/shop-by-range/strawberry/born-lippy-pot-lip-balm-strawberry.aspx

From this pharmacy called Boots, I got my second Tangle Teezer. I bought the Compact Styler off Amazon a few months ago, and they were shit expensive. At Boots, they were having a 3 for 2 deal on all hair accessories and products. We got quite a few of the combs :)
So my one would be the professional Tangle Teezer for wet and dry hair. I would stilll keep my old one, but the new one is truly exciting :) I will do a post sharing a review as well as comparison for the two combs!

and that concludes my Europe Haul :))))))

I am sorry this post is so long haha, I just want to provide every bit of information I can. I hope you enjoy! I'll try to post more now that it is the June holidays :)  Thank you for viewing my blog!

Love,
Khione

Comments

Popular Posts