Kanken VS Cath Kidston (Backpack)

Hey! I thought I would do a comparison between Kanken backpacks and Cath Kidston backpacks. 

I've already done a Kanken haul previously, but because I recently got a Cath Kidston (Europe Haul), I decided to sell my Kanken off online because I didn't want so many backpacks, but also because I realised it simply wasn't as good. 

There are a few notable comparisons that I'll have you know, and it will maybe help you in deciding what kind of backpack you want. 

1. Straps
The straps for the Kanken bag are thin, and the Cath Kidston ones are actually thicker. Kanken has these thin thin straps. The company claims that there's weight distribution and all that, but I think that the Cath Kidston ones are better because they actually have shoulder paddings that are of a nice comfy material. Thin straps really aren't that great if your bag is heavy as it might dig in to your skin, so I don't advise it. 

The second picture is a cath kidston backpack strap, and the first is obviously a Kanken. Don't you think padded shoulders are more comfortable? 

2. Overall material
I actually found the Cath Kidston better because of a couple of things. Firstly, you can WASH the bag. Kanken bags have definitely not received good reviews when it comes to the washing of them as they tend to fade, lose colour etc. Rest assured, this doesn't happen for Cath Kidston bags as they have this transparent layer atop the print so that its kind of "waterproof" / dries easily. Good for the rain too I guess... So yup that's one difference. 

On another hand, I also have another issue. My Kanken bag not only got dirty easily, it was impossible to clean. For my Cath Kidston, I can get it dirty and just wipe it off of wash it off. Also, I can be less careful with it because when my Kanken even scrapes a wall I sometimes get white scruffs. 

Furthermore, my Kanken bore a hole at the bottom of the bag after just normal use after a few months. I never used it as a schoolbag, just for light stuff. Therefore, I was extremely shocked at just how horrible the quality for it to have such a noticeable hole, almost like a micro hole punch. My Cath Kidston definitely wouldn't have that degree of obviousness. Therefore the Cath Kidston definitely wins haha. 

3. Design 
Of course, the Kanken bag is more versatile and easier to match rather than the floral prints, and it's definitely a more unisex-friendly design. But, for me, my Cath Kidston is enough for me because it's not like that's 100% the reason why I need a backpack. 

So yup, based on that, that was the reason why I decided to sell my Kanken. 


Thanks for reading :) I just wanted to let people know about Kanken bags in overall, and why I decided to sell mine off. 

Love,
Khione 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts