Brandy Melville: the pieces I keep, and why I try not to buy from them

Hey guys! So here are the pictures of the two Brandy Melville items I've recently sold. I really wanted to highlight some reasons why I sold them, and my honest thoughts about Brandy~ 

1. Graphic tops 
Brandy melville's graphic tops are a huge selling product. I got mine here on Carousell for $15 I believe, and sold it for $21. Paired with my new pair of Zara high waisted shorts and a choker from Claire's (Europe haul)! 

I've got two of them, and I've put both up on sale. This one is already sold. Just to let you guys know but honestly, Brandy Melville is not only overpriced, the quality does not reflect quality you should be getting at that price point. Because they no longer ship international, it's extremely difficult to find any sprees with no handling fees and extra shipping costs which are crazy high sometimes. Multiplied with high credit card conversion rates, you're looking at a big budget nightmare. The tops that I have also tend to "fur" or have these cotton ball things which you normally see in really really lousy quality clothing. So whilst the designs are nice, I try to not buy any brandy items (tops especially)  less I really really like it. Many people sell a simple halter crop for $50 which is crazy :0 

2. Brandy sweaters 
Brandy sweaters have been all the hype lately. Are they good quality? Let me put it down for you. 
Here's a picture of me with my alien one (already sold). The reason why I sold it was because it wasn't worth the price I bought it for, and definitely not good quality. Yes, it's soft. But the inside will "fur" with time to come because it's like made up of strands and strands of cotton (?). Not only that, the sweater is extremely stuffy to wear in Singapore weather, the weather is just way too hot. The sweater I had was also way too baggy, and the silly one size policy means it's probably too big for me and I don't have a choice. 

But that being said, I really want to say this: it doesn't mean all the items are bad. I actually recently bought an item, as well as own a couple pieces that I do intend to keep. I didn't pay too much for any except the latest one. So here are a couple of pieces I keep and wear (won't be selling). 

1. Mermaid Sachi Halter Crop - $26 on Carousell
I admit it's a little short but this top is super super pretty omg and I really really love mermaids so this is super cool haha. I always wear this with high waisted shorts as I'm not exactly comfortable showing me midriff (feels naked lol) (I struggle the same with swimsuits). I do exercise and all, but yea I'm not too comfy with showing midriff or overly low cut or short anythings. Still, I've only seen this design once and Carousell and thank god I got it because these halter tops in other designs are over $40 now. 

2. Chiyo Bralettes

These were pretty much the original caged bralettes that were featured on every youtuber ever, such as Bethany Mota, Meredith (Stilababe), LaurDIY etc. I found mine for $15, brand new with tag on Carouseell, which was a good deal because it's actually $19 USD on site haha. These are really lovely to wear with muscle tanks and look super duper rad. They are very comfy, although not padded so I don't advise you wear it as a top (and you should have something underneath)  unless that's what you're alright with. Because this piece is pretty much an "intimate", I do keep it for my muscle tanks. 

3. Latest find: Brandy Melville Margie Tie Dye Alien Top
 I got mine from ginnandtonics on Carousell at $40. This is overpriced compared to the normal price on site which is $24 USD, around $35 SGD, but I figured if I joined a spree the handling and shipping would be the $5 so it's a fair price. I love the design of this top. It's got this lovely dark tie dye acid wash colour with the famous alien patch. This particular shirt has not been restocked on web, but was on Brandy USA's page for a while. Super cute! 

So yup. Overall, I think you should only buy from Brandy if you really really like the item, enough to overlook quality or just pick the better quality ones (Sachi Halter is pretty good quality but not worth $40 unfortunately). Pass on the sweaters unless you're cold af all the time, it's no practical imo. I also don't really buy the shorts because they kinda look like pyjamas? And are cheeky cut (I hate that lol) Brandy's quality isn't really that great at all, and their prices are becoming topshop-like and topshop has better quality haha. I actually bought their jewelry before as well, they're not bad but not that great haha. Decent quality I'd say. I always pass on the beanies and sweaters/cardigans because not only are they expensive, some of them are super fragile (easily ripped or has furring things) 

If you've any questions about Brandy, leave a comment down below and I'll try to answer it :) thanks for reading!

Love,
Khione 

Comments

Popular Posts