H&M x Alexander Wang Collection

Super late on this bandwagon because I really didn't know about it - I recently learned that Alexander Wang and H&M had a collection back in November 2014. 

So obviously, I'm a huge fan of the collection, really because the design is nice. Quality wise, I would say it's definitely better than your average H&M quality. There have been quite a bit of mixed reviews about the collection, with some people saying that the sports bras being advertised as tops are inappropriate, the shoes looking weird, why would people buy boxing gloves that are so expensive etc. 

Overall, I still like it because it's definitely a very edgy style. So here are the 2 pieces I found online (both from Carousell): 

1. The Team Wang Team H&M Jersey  
$20 (gave this away) 
I wore this once and decided to give it away. The seller had told me it was free size, but clearly isn't. This was a size large, too big for me. So I gave it to another friend who could carry the look better than me :) 
So yup! Because the armholes were huge, I wore my topshop lace Bralet inside. The sneakers I'm wearing are my new Fred Perry shoes from my Europe haul. I wore shorts inside too because this is slightly sheer  :) 

2. The Wang logo sports bra
$69.90 

I got this in a size US4. The price was pretty high, it's probably worth $60 max (USD 39.95) 

I'm definitely wearing this for fashion purposes in shoots, but probably not gonna use it as a crop top as I did try to wear it out. I'm going to admit that I'm not extremely confident with all the midriff exposure (it feels super awkward). I tried to wear it out once but I won't be doing it again haha it feels to awkward. If you're brave enough tho, please do wear it as you wish. 

So this is how I styled it. My most high waisted item is this denim skirt I got from Wego a few years back when I was in Tokyo ($19.90 USD, size L because they're sizing is really small, L fits a UK8 or US4). My mesh jacket is from the Forever 21 x Barbie collection ($28 on Carousell, size S) and my bucket bag is from Furla (Europe haul) ($260 Euros, without the 12% tourist tax refund). I wore this outfit with my UNIF Gosh Boots ($60, from Carousell - I have a haul on it).

I'd say I was pretty awkward wearing this because a lot of high waisted things barely cover my waist (doesn't go above the belly button completely because of my torso) and so crop tops look even more cropped D: 

But yup! This is a super cool collection, it's okay if you're late because you can always find it online. Definitely worth checking out :) 

Till next time

Love,
Khione 


Comments

Popular Posts