Dining at Itacho Sushi- affordable Japanese food in Singapore

Let's talk about great sushi - what do you look for in yours?

For me, I look for:

1. Presentation
Get this straight, your first impression of your food is most often the overall look of it. If something is in a mangled heap and looks all gross, you would probably not want to try it. (unless that's your thing)

2. Taste
I'm a super picky eater, and hence very specific taste. I don't like sweet with salty in general, so Sakura shrimp is something I don't do... I don't like it when things are spicy in sushi (well with the exception of a few) but in general that's my taste preference so I order things that suit that. Lastly, I love roasted meats/fish on sushi because I think the taste is a lot better. This place has really really good sushi and the taste is seriously different from the usual. 

3. Pricing
As a student, everyone is on a pretty tight budget, and sushi in restaurants are really not very affordable usually. Hence, I look for foods that suit my budget, and fit my taste preferences too. 

Itacho Sushi is the place to go if you are on a low budget and you want to find that great flavour in sushi. I've been here myself several times ever since I discovered it this year, and not only am I attracted by the rather affordable prices for certain dishes here, the taste and quality of the sushi here will make you steer well far away from any other sushi joint that you will ever eat at. One thing to note, they do give you free green tea (hot or cold) for every person who spends above $10, and I think warm water is included, but ice water would be a charge of $1 (this is the only not so good part). 

Moving on to what I ate (note that this was what we ordered for three people)

1. Codfish egg sushi - I don't remember

Roasted octopus, roasted salmon with cheese x3

Lunch set
Scallop with some sort of mayo on it
Chawanmushi (sort of egg) that came with the lunch set 

Locations

Itacho Sushi has several outlets island wide, at places such as Plaza Singapura, ION Orchard, JCube (recently renovated) as well as Star Vista, of which all of these places I've ordered the same foods at before and they taste pretty good.

Service is quick and efficient, definitely a great place to recommend.

You can also try to find out more at their Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Itacho-Sushi/158303486802

Till next time! 

Love,
Khione 

Comments

Popular Posts