Part two of cafehopping at Promenade: Addictions cafe and Remedy bar ,and bad experience at Charlie Brown Cafe (somerset)

Next stop, we went for lunch (the main meal)

We were walking around Marina Square when we spotted this place. They were having a set lunch menu so I decided to pay them a visit. 

The set lunch is $15.90++ for a soup, a main course and a dessert as well as a drink. 
The bill came down to around $18 in the end. 

The place is extremely well designed, it had a very modern concept to it and I also loved the vibe that it gave off. We arrived a little after lunch hour so it was pretty empty. 

As you can see, there is a really nice set up 

Here's the food: 

Mushroom soup accompanied with garlic bread.
- it's a pretty normal mushroom soup and garlic bread combination, but there was this slightly peppery taste. Nonetheless it was really nice. The presentation is also extremely interesting 

Iced tea that came with the set

Main course: Lobster Spaghetti 
Tasted really good, and there was a good portion of lobster mixed in. The sauce was very rich. Overall, the presentation and taste of this dish was exceptional. 

This was how our meal looked like, and also FYI we decided to share a portion since we were feeling quite full from the cakes before. 

Dessert: can't remember what it was, definitely some sort of blackberry sponge cake. This was super nice too. Once again, note that their presentation of the dish is really nice. We were extremely full so there was a struggle to finish everything. 

The service here was really nice and fast (but can't really judge since it wasn't a peak period, it may be slower during peak), and I'd say for the portion that they gave, $18 is certainly very worthy, not forgetting the taste and the presentation. 

Good place to visit if you are going to cafe hop around promenade :) I definitely think it's a good place and I'm certainly going to leave a super good review. 

Next, we went to somerset because I had some things I wanted to consider buying (a penny board to be exact) and I wanted to compare the prices. 

We were feeling quite thirsty so we visited Charlie Brown cafe. This wasn't my first visit though to such this particular cafe as I had gone there for dinner once when they were still at Somerset 313. 

Still, I wasn't extremely satisfied this visit because of a few reasons. I'll get on to that. 

I ordered an orange juice, and we were given a seat near to the windows. My friend ordered one of their coffees but my phone died before I could take a picture. The inside decor of the cafe by the way is really very very nice, it surrounds itself around the popular Snoopy comics. You could see a lot of decor and memorabilia, and I'd say it's a pretty interesting character-based cafe. 

Service is quick, the pricing for the main courses are pretty affordable but the desserts are quite pricy, including the drinks



Moving on to why I was rather dissatisfied (and note I'm not a super fussy customer)

First of all, my friend was complaining that the coffee was extremely concentrated so it tasted quite bad, but did remark that the presentation with the little snoopy shape on the coffee foam was pretty cool. Also, it came in a super tiny tiny cup. It was around 5 cm tall and had a really tiny diameter. For five dollars (if I'm not wrong) this was pretty darn expensive. I can understand if it were to be super special or had good taste or the coffee bean was really expensive, but I highly doubt it. 

Secondly, the area that they allowed us to sit at was not exactly the best. When I sat down, I felt that my chair was wobbly. To my horror, the ground that one of the chair legs was resting on was basically sandy, and had little rock fragments all over, you could even see the little black circles which I'm guessing is part of the foundation of these floors (could be wrong). But let's be real, you're sitting at such a high level, I definitely had that fear (even though extremely impossible) that the floor would create a hole or something which was scary especially since we were literally sitting next to the window. And note I'm only 47-48 kg when I'm at my fullest, I definitely did not crack the ground like that. It was quite uncomfortable too hearing the scraping sounds of my chair legs against the rocks. However, since I was leaving pretty soon anyways, I simply changed to another seat at the table we were allocated. Still, I don't think that it was very nice to let customers sit on chairs that were balancing on floors like that. In fact, there were many seats vacant so I felt like the staff should at least let us sit elsewhere if the floor was not mended.

Despite this, when I visited their somerset branch the first time, the pasta I ordered was really nice, and the floors were very very safe. I think it's really a one-off thing, but hopefully the floor would be mended soon. Hope this doesn't let anyone steer away from this cafe though, the place is still quite worth a visit. It really is my first negative experience and review at this cafe. 

I'll be talking about some new UNIF and TOPSHOP items in my next post, stay tuned! 

Love,
Khione 





Comments

Popular Posts