Dinner at Miam Miam's : Worth it?

Hey everyone!

Thought I'd do a post about this place I visited two weeks back called Miam Miam. It's located at Westgate, and it serves a Japanese Italian style fusion food. Firstly, I'm a huge fan of Japanese Italian style fusion foods, because I enjoy both cuisines very much, but this experience is kind of questionable. 


When you enter this place, there's a very very nice atmosphere. It's air conditioned, the seats are comfortable and reasonably spacious. It's nice, it's clean, service is pretty quick. We arrived around dinner time which is 7+Pm. There was no queue, and my family members wanted to give this a try so that's exactly what we did. 

To order, you just call for the waiter or waitress like any other normal restaurant. This restaurant allows you to pay after you finish (just an FYI) 

Firstly, note that the water here is not free. Not fussing, just letting y'all know so be prepared to pay for water. Hey, at least there's presentation points. They put green apple slices and mint (I think) inside. Perhaps it has some sort of detox or health benefit, not sure. 



When you open the menu, there's a really good selection of foods from pastas to baked rice, there's a good variety of appetizers. The desserts also look really good and the drinks menu is also really great. 
One thing that may make you steer away from this place is the pricing though. The pricing of the foods (at least what we ordered) is pretty expensive given the portion size. But I'll get on to that. 

I decided to go for one of their kind of fusion baked rice, which kind of makes your normal Japanese curry rice become something else. 

I'm not too sure what the name was, but it was one of their baked rice specialties. It has rice at the bottom that is extremely fragrant, a delicious Japanese curry layer, cheese, soft egg, broccoli and sausage. This dish cost $18.50 if I'm not wrong. 

Don't be fooled though, the portion of this baked rice was really quite small. It came in a super tiny little black pot. 

Getting on to the taste, it's a really good flavour. If you mixed everything together it tasted absolutely heavenly. I loved how they combined the cheese and egg with the Japanese curry, really gave the curry this extra good taste. Sausage and broccoli were great additions too. 

But like said, this dish was $18.50. I don't have a very large appetite, it's slightly smaller than normal people, but my the rest of my family are all adults and the portion was too small for them (and no they don't eat a whole lot normally). My brother ordered a squid ink omelette rice that was also rather expensive, I think around $20+ and the portion was really tiny. He had to go to the isetan supermarket afterwards to get some food to fill himself up proper.

I'd recommend this place if you like this kind of food. I don't think I will frequent this place because it is not quite worth the money for the portion and the fact that it can actually easily be home made, but would definitely go back again once in a while or so. Worth the visit, but prepare your wallet. If you're a student on a budget, maybe you can visit an alternative place that offers better prices because the normal $10 budget is not gonna work here. 

The desserts can also be rather pricey, going up the $10 scale if I'm not wrong. We didn't order any as we still had some fruits at home left to finish. 

Hope this review helps, and don't hesitate to give it a try! 

Love,
Khione 




Comments

Popular Posts