Jac Vanek x Topshop : Huge haul!


Hey guys! So I've a really awesome haul for you guys today, and it includes the Topshop x Jac Vanek Collection! 

So a week ago, Topshop posted this picture on their instagram: 

And I just knew the font was so damn familiar (on the jacket) so I searched it up on google on the Topshop website 
Link: http://sg.topshop.com/en/tssg/category/clothing-1087626/clothing-brands-1910294/jac-vanek-4667802?geoip=noredirect

Okay so I was pleasantly surprised because I used to have the I Hate Everyone jacket from Jac Vanek and it's a really cool brand from the States that uses vintage army jackets. I never imagined that Topshop and Jac Vanek would have a collection, yet alone that Singapore would have it considering we didn't have the Kendall and Kylie Jenner collection. I knew I had to get my hands on the jacket, so I called in immediately to reserve. They only had one S and M size left each, so I reserved both, hoping to buy one based on fit and design. 

Another thing to note is that these jackets and the whole collection can only be purchased at Knightsbridge! Which is something I found out because I called in to many Topshop stores and only Knightsbridge had it :/ so do note that if you'd like to view the rest of the collection in real life you can head there :) I actually did clarify the matter and it seems that Knightsbridge was the largest store so it was kind of "flagship" hence carrying special brands such as Jac Vanek. Whilst there are dresses, tanks and flannels, the army jackets are truly the icons of the Jac Vanek label and it's also what got this brand out there so that's definitely the piece to go for. Plus, I don't think the flannels are that great just cos a flannel with printed words is pretty common and stuff, but an army jacket with this style is definitely something you don't find everyday :) 

Here are some web pictures of the jacket! 
Web description: Go for military vibes in this vintage look army jacket. Slightly fitted at the waist, it comes in a single-breasted button front design with chest pockets and a bold slogan print on the back. By Jac Vanek. 100% Cotton. Machine wash.

Initially I had wanted to buy the jacket online but students have no discount :/ + the fact that there's a need for credit card makes it seriously impossible :( 

Here's a photo of the S jacket which is what I'm keeping! 
Arm has this really nice patch 
And the back! 
More views of it 
Tags ;) 

Alright so this is the M size. To explain, I was really lucky because I found someone on Carousell looking for this jacket. The person had probably called in later than I did, because the jackets were all gone by the time he called. So I offered to sell it to him full price (am a student so I take 10% off student discount as commission) and here's the M size jacket! 
It only has two patches 
So yup! I was really lucky because I managed to save quite a bit :) 

For those who are concerned though, Jac Vanek uses specific paints when doing the font at the back, so it will definitely not fade that easily. And what I really do love is how jackets like these age super well - the more you wear it, the more rugged it gets, the better you'll have it

Now I was just short of $30+ to get $40 more vouchers (already eligible for $30) 

So I got two basic tops. I will be putting the white one at $24 on Carousell :) it's in US2, and it's the white tie front top 


And the other item I got was this speckled grey tank which I've been wanting for a while so I just went for it and got it :) in US2 as well! 


So I got the $70 Topshop vouchers (whee) 

And that concludes this haul :) I'm really really broke right now after spending this much but the fact is the Jac Vanek jackets are all unique because of the way the patches are placed, the type of patches placed etc are all extremely unique and different for every jacket. I was so sad when I sold my I Hate Everyone one but it just felt super antisocial and it got some weird stares and comments so obviously I do feel the print on this jacket is way better :) 

I have been saving for the past few weeks and that's how I'm able to afford the jacket and all of these, so it's not that I'm super rich (please don't think that way! :) ) plus I'm selling the vouchers and the tie front top on Carousell to get some cash back :) 

Here's a picture of the vouchers btw! I do wish that topshop would allow the $70 to be used together but they don't which is why I'm selling it as I just don't quite see the point and there's really nothing I need. Since these were kind of "free" it's better to just sell it off and get some cash back which can be used elsewhere :) I'm selling these on Carousell for $50 :) 

Hope you loved this haul because I did! Thanks for reading and look forward to a collaboration next ;) 

Love,
Khione 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts