Shoe Haul: UNIF Gosh Boots ( Ur Not In Fashion )


Hey everyone! Back with a post on the UNIF Gosh Boots that I just got yesterday ❤️

Can I just start off by saying, this was probably one of the best bargains I've ever gotten. These go for around $200+ SGD/USD can't remember exactly, but I got them for only $60! Really really happy about this buy ♥️ Really couldn't have gotten it at a better price! I got them on Carousell from a seller named dianrachel (very patient and awesome, please support her!) 

But lets not rave too much cos that's not a review right? :)
I got these boots in a size 7 which was my size (I'm usually like a 37-37.5, at times 38 it's pretty confusing) but yes I got this pair of absolutely fabulous boots (believe me I'm SO in love with these you have no idea) because I don't have a single pair of boots in my shoe closet besides my litas, and I really really wanted a pair just to march around in, but of course the number one natural choice, which would be Dr Martens, was way too bloody expensive in Singapore ($200 plus, really?) and I really didn't want to wait for some mysterious sale to pop up and deduct it by half or more, so I decided I'd settle on a pair of UNIF. It wasn't just a stupid choice by the way, I genuinely had a looking for when it came to UNIF shoes because they're so out of the ordinary and just unexpectedly cool! I collected them just yesterday and I was so in love, I literally just took off my shoes and went mad and just freaking put them on right away. Immediately, I could feel the comfort sinking in. 

There is absolutely no need to break into these shoes (at least for me) and whilst one hard-to-do-for-the-heat-of-Singapore fact was that a portion of the upper inner part of the boots was lined with like a furry, velvety material, it was really comfortable, and I feel that contrary to the belief that wearing boots is super stuffy in Singapore, I felt quite comfortable in these and I didn't feel like it was suffocating or anything. I think this is really because of the zips on both sides of each shoe, that ensured that you could wear this shoe with the zip literally halfway down, perhaps there was more ventilation? Not entirely sure! 

The boots has a comfortable height, it's a really really slight platform but it's pretty much harmless, barely even 1 cm so it's really not exactly platform boots in my opinion. Also, I marched in them for hours and hours and it was pretty much fine, so I definitely love these!

So far, I have one outfit in which I styled with these which I wore yesterday (national day!) and after posting it on my Instagram, many many of my friends were telling me how much they loved my shoes (aww) and it was obviously a good choice. From what I've researched, these were sold out on dollskill, I saw them on Solestruck, and they are available on another website for $249 SGD :) 

Overall, this was not only a great Carousell buying experience, but also a great bargain for a good quality pair of shoes! I do have a couple of concerns about whether the metal plated UNIF and the details will rust, or scratch, but I think that this really goes around as to how we care for our shoes right? Even if it's Singapore, it's entirely possible to keep these shoes in tip top condition :) a good caretaker of shoes would know that weather is always a factor in keeping the condition of shoes pristine, but with proper care, we can overcome that challenge :) I'm led to believe these are real leather shoes, please correct me about this, and also the soles are nice and thick so it's very very good for walking. 

I would also like to highlight how well a condition I got these shoes for the price. Not only did the owner give me the original box, including the stuffings, the dustbags, she also gave me a huge carrier which was greatly convenient for me to bring the shoes around, and she was also extremely patient and allowed me to negotiate the price down to $60 from I think around $75! Definitely trustable and great,do support her! This marks an entire bunch of successful Carousell purchases already, and I also have a National Day ootd lined up next with these boots featured, so stay tune for that!

Love,
Khione




Comments

Popular Posts