National Day 2014~ OOTD, my 4 hopes, and more

I wanna start by saying, 

🎈🎊🎉🎂🎁❤️HAPPY 49th BIRTHDAY SINGAPORE 🎁🎉🎂🎊🎈❤️ #sgalmost50

I went out again with my buddy yesterday! Photo credits to my dear @thatkidjewel on Instagram for helping me to photograph my ootd :) 
I didn't really used to stick to the red and white theme, but I did my best! Also, featuring my new UNIF Gosh Boots, of which I've posted a haul for! I know it's similar to one of my faves posts, but I really loves the combination of my TOBI maroon cut out tee with the F21 Kimono, so I decided to stick with it for National Day! Afterall, it's a one day a year event for all of us to celebrate our love for Singapore right? I also finally decided to put on that hat I bought from H&M ages ago (for real) and go on out! Haha my friend was remarking how much I looked like a Japanese tourist (LOL) 

Moving on, I think nowadays, especially this year, we kinda have had a lot of controversies going around. So here, are my 4 hopes for Singapore 

1. Pink Dot Movement lives on and gets more accepted, LGBT is more supported
-I'm an atheist and I'm also straight, and I know of religions that feel that same sex relationships and marriages as well as the whole bisexual and transgender happenings cannot be a thing, but honestly, I feel that if we were to open our hearts and minds to the changing times, and understand how the LGBT community really feels, hearing all the nasty things that people throw at them without a thought in the world, Singapore could really be a better place right? If we are to accept everyone regardless of race and religion, which we pledge to do every day as citizens of Singapore, why can't we pledge to be accepting of every LGBT person in the world? Call my one sided, but I feel that people have the right to love who they want to love if the love is real. Naturally there are some exceptions and harsh ends to this statement, but thought simply it just means we need to be open to change. 

2. Cheaper imported beauty and fashion goods
- call me a stupid kid, but really, I think that the imported brands of beauty and fashion goods in Singapore are WAY too expensive. Naked palettes are like $10 more expensive for the basic ones, like really? Maybe I'm not understanding and stuff, but it's getting a little irking having to constantly order from sprees to save money because our instore items are so bloody expensive, even Forever 21, TOPSHOP, ZARA or Maybelline, gets way too expensive to become affordable :/ we can do better than that right? 

3. Keeping to the proper side of the elevator
- I don't mean to target anyone, but I think that the gracious activity of keeping to a certain side of the elevator is commonly missing, especially when I'm on the MRT escalator up. I understand some mothers want to hold their child's hand or something, but I think it's unfair to hog up an entire line of people willing to walk their way down the escalator because they want to go faster, or in a rush or something, or some folks who simply don't know that they're blocking the line, and it results in a long, line of people on both sides of the elevator, and those in a rush are just unable to go down quick :/ we can do it okay! Let us constantly remind ourselves that we must reserve a thought for others who don't have as much time as we do when it comes to travelling, and keep to the proper established side of the escalator for the non rushing folks! 

4. We can stop being shy about giving our seats up to others.
Ever seen that kind of scene in the bus where no one dares to give up their seat to another needy person like a pregnant woman, a disabled man, an elderly grandmother or something similar, but nobody gives up their seat because they're all waiting on one another and as a result no one moves? I think that's something that certainly can be improved on! Imagine the poor people, sometimes they really so obviously needing a seat but yet they're left to hang dry feeling really down about not being single to sit down... We have to spare a thought for the needs, let go of your seats folks! Nothing to be embarrassed about ❤️

With that, I hope that Singapore stays a safe, stable and beautifully clean and green city for yet another year to come, happy birthday my beloved country! Thank you for keeping me safe from natural disasters, for keeping crime on the low, for protecting us from all sorts of various dangers and doing your best to ensure our happiness! 

Moving on, a quick info sheet on my ootd: 

A quick run through of my outfit: 
Pink Ribbon Hat: H&M, purchased in 2012 or 2013, can't remember 
Necklaces: (shortest to longest) 
1. Blue Topaz necklace from America (I believe I bought it at the Smithsonian or Natural History Museum in 2012, in Washington D.C. of course) around $72 USD
2. Maori Pendant (Guardian) - Bought in New Zealand airport in December 2012, I've been wearing it ever since! Priced around $16 SGD
3. Long necklace with a whole bunch of Roman numerals on three interlocked rings- bought from Aries I think, like back in 2010-2011? $9.90 SGD 
Watch: Baby G Ke$ha watch 
Bracelets: 
1. purple twist band kinda hairtie from Sephora, gift from friend in 2013 :)
2. Brandy Melville peach cross bracelet around $6 USD I think, ordered in a Love Lacette Spree :) 
Floral Kimono: Forever 21, bought earlier this year from the Somerset 313 outlet -> $30-$40+ SGD
Top: TOBI brand, bought from Carousell tho -> $20 SGD
Black Ombré Shorts- From Japan, some UNIQLO with another brand kind of collab store-> I think 1499¥ which is around 14.99 USD, literally my fave kind of ombré shorts
Boots: UNIF Gosh Boots -> from Carousell, $60 (haul done on this) 



Love,
Khione

Comments

Popular Posts