~3 Day Trip to Kuala Lumpur~ DAY ONE

Hey guys! So from Wednesday to Friday I had a blast in KL for a short holiday. For those who don't know, Kuala Lumpur is around a 4 hour drive from Singapore and it's in Malaysia :) 

For day one when we arrived, it took us hours to find Double Tree Hilton (the hotel we stayed at) because it was so hard to find! KL traffic is also vastly different from Singapore traffic I mean it's hectic there and there is so much more traffic. Also the roads are extremely complicated in my opinion so yea. 

Anyways the room was a fantastic room, very clean, just a we problems with the shower head but hey there was a rain shower too. The staff also gave us delicious cookies as a welcome present which I think is just really nice. I thoroughly enjoyed the view at the hotel (very close to KLCC and hence twin towers). 

Day one, we checked in, and then went to the new mall AK to have some dinner (we arrived around dinner time anyways). We dined at Sushi Zanmai and let me just say the prices are like CRAZY CHEAP. I mean honestly, I've never seen sushi priced this cheap in Singapore. The pricing was exactly like Singapore pricing for most Japanese places, except the fact that it was in RM. And doing the calculation you'd realise that SGD:RM was around 1:2.57 at that time so it was a great deal. We ordered a heck load! The food was also very delicious and I'd say that that was easily the best meal I ever had in KL. 



The sushi was really really good, and the taste was very much spot on. The Salmon Mentai may not look like much, but with a dip of soy sauce it is absolutely delicious and it tastes pretty comparable to the kind you'd find at Itacho Sushi (will do a post about this place as well) but it's definitely much cheaper. The soft shell crab with fish roe sushi roll was the cheapest by far (I usually order this as well in Sushi Tei when I dine in Singapore) and yet the taste was very much the same and equally good. The sukiyaki tastes very good as well. I ordered one of their special sushi rolls which I believe is fried oyster or something and that was absolutely heavenly. The Calpis was a tad too sweet but it's a sweet drink after all so it's quite forgivable. The sashimi was really nice as well, it wasn't too cold and wasn't too warm either and the taste was just absolutely refreshing. This restaurant does have quite the queue (even when I arrived around 8+) but it is quite fast and the service is great. They also have very affordable ramen and udon and don. Definitely don't hesitate to give this place a go. 

We did step into the ginormous H&M as well as the Muji before heading back though. 

AK Mall is newly opened and it only takes around 15-20 minutes walk to get there from where I stayed, or you can take the train from where I stay there for just 1 ringgit and less time of course. Definitely worth a trip to visit that mall. 

Here are a few photos of what we ordered:

Salmon Sashimi
Grape flavoured Calpis
Beef Sukiyaki (hotpot) I think(?)
Salmon Mentai Sushi (my favourite)
I believe this was a sushi that had fried oyster and cheese (it is a special) 
This is the soft shell crab and fish roe roll (also one of my faves) 
This was some Unagi roll that was a June special. I can't really remember exactly what the name was but I didn't taste this since I'm not a fan of Unagi) 

Will talk about days two and three as well a birthday soon ^^

Love,
Khione

Comments

Popular Posts