Origami skorts, cut out clothes, kimonos and more~ Favourite trends as of march14'


Happy Sunday <3

I photographed this at the previous location so please cut me some slack about location okay! 

Anyways I'm featuring a couple of my FAVOURITE fashion trends of all time right now. It cost me abit but I love how it's an almost everlasting and very versatile trend. 

1. Origami Skorts. 
Ever since ZARA released their line of origami skorts people have been going insane about it and absolutely adoring it. It's been a hype and has even popped a lot of inspired (one could even say copied to the point of counterfeit) skorts making their rounds from local Blogshops and live journals and websites such as love bonito to Stradivarius, H&M and TOPSHOP. 

I've been looking for a high waisted but more modest kind of version of the skorts for a long time, and I've tried on so many pieces from different stores, I found the one from H&M too translucent at the back, the Stradivarius pieces didn't have the skorts in white, and so that was kind of a disappointment for me. Finally after searching island wide, I bought mine from a TOPSHOP. The material is polyester and it has a really nice print going on. It's not very obvious in pictures but the texture is really beautiful and I think it could even go for an office kind of sleek look because it's not too short and it's highwaisted which is perfect for me. The price tag was certainly not the most budget friendly, and there were very limited sizes. I went it the JEM outlet and they had a US 6 which was not my size, and I was lucky enough that the staff at the ION outlet were willing to exchange me a US 4 which fit so much better! It retails at $79 but I got a student discount of 10% off so it came down to $71.10

2. Kimonos


I have no idea if I raved enough about the kimono style on the forever 21 haul but it is absolutely amazing! I love how chic and sophisticated it is and the fact that it's very lightweight material, also lets not forget the floral pattern which is to die for. It may look a little baggy with puffy kind of skirts, I recommend more tightfitted skirts or shorts which will look amazing with the kimono :) 

3. Cut out tees. 

I love cutout tees, they really give an edge to so many clothes. Look at a pair of denim jeans. Now rip them out or cut them out, aren't they gonna look better? Take that same concept on a shirt. Cutout tees in this specific cutting is actually very difficult to find. I also wanted either a white or red colour, red because I can wear for NDP and Chinese New Year as well, and I didn't want too bright a red, a deep almost maroon red was the perfect colour. This cutout tee is actually from TOBI and it's the Thrill Nights Tee in size S in red. I bought mine from Carousell though, and the seller did get it from TOBI. The seller's name is frenchkote :) she gives excellent customer service. I was kinda sad that one of the bracelets I was supposed to receive wasn't there, but I guess it's okay. Other than that she was really friendly and understandings and mature about the situation. I recommend! :) I've actually seen this tee on NASTYGAL before going for around $34 USD and the only size left was size L in black. I've got waaaay too many blackshirts already so I decided not to get it. I'm glad though, I got this shirt at $20 which was much better than $34 USD excluding handling fees 



XOXO,
Khione~

Comments

  1. are these items still in stock in the stores?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmm the skorts last i saw was a US 6 and US 10/12 size left at the TOPSHOP ION outlet as well as JEM outlet :) you may want to check on their website or call their stores :)
      as for the kimono, i havent been to F21 for quite some time! its from the somerset 313 outlet though, i hope this helps ;) but it has been also been a few weeks, i doubt they may still have, you can go down and check it out! i was only at the Orchard Xchange and they didnt have it there, if not i must have missed it :)
      the TOBI shirt you can check online or on Carousell if someone else has it! :) hope i could be of help :)

      as for the litas, they are borrowed and my senior is selling them :) let me know if you want to purchse the litas, i can set up for you to contact her :)

      thank you for viewing my blog! much appreciated :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts