💜 Artbox 2017 ( Singapore ) 💜



Happy Friday 👅👅

2 weeks ago I visited Artbox, which is a Thai flea market style event that features many local and primarily Thai food and fashion stalls. I had caught wind of this event ever since the beginning of the year and was really excited to go ☺ because yknow, hipster stuff I really wanna try includes going for hipster events...

Let's talk about Artbox 👻

I actually went on the Good Friday holiday so it was insanely crowded, but it was a pretty fun one-time experience for me 👌
👐 Photo of me and my friend at Artbox entrance! 👐
 

Artbox was actually located pretty near Bayfront station so it was pretty easy to get there, albeit I did feel that they did underutilise the space - will talk about that later!



Upon entering there's kind of this little stage where there are live performances and some areas to take photos at. The floor was actually really wet that day because it rained 💦 😥 and I was honestly  having a miniature heart attack over my Stan Smiths because I was so afraid they'd get dirty (spoiler - they survived really well 😁 to my relief)

 
Okay so the crowds at Artbox were seriously unreal that day (also because it was a public holiday so everyone was free to go basically), and it actually got so cramped that we had to walk through trains and trains of people and literally squeeze past very sweaty and gross people in order to get from place to place whilst hugging on to our bags for dear life because there were that many people... 😭
Imagine having to squeeze with all these people ermahgerd 😥
 Nonetheless, let's get to more positive things :D I'm super excited to show you all the cool stuffs I saw.

 There were many drinks available at Artbox, but I only bought one which was this mystery "blood bag" drink which cost $4 - and yes I deem that a good deal because at events like these tiny drinks can easily go up in price so I think $4 is pretty fair. It tasted kinda like a fizzy lemonade - like Unicorn Tears but without the blue glitter and the fancy bottle (I still have the bottle 🙋)

Moving on to some Instagram highlights, one of them was Pindemic, which featured a bunch of really artsy $10 pins.


Minus the fact that I already have 2 Brandy pins these pins are actually really cute and I would have bought them (particularly the unicorn one) but I just found them expensive and impractical for me 😅 Nonetheless I do think the designs are super cool and it is nice particularly because we do have that current trend of pinning things to jackets (particularly denim jackets).


 There are actually many of these cute plant stores where they plant plants in Not-Your-Average-Joe kinda pots. I've heard that this sort of "gardening" has been really in recently (judging by how many people buy cactuses for that aesthetic white background cactus in a pot shot) so it is extra fun when the container of the plant itself is quirky as well.
Something else I really did look forward to as well was all the crafts and jewellery. There wasn't a whole lot of nice things tbh that were affordable (rings were easily $20-30), the quality wasn't that worth it for the price since they are jewellery that will rust and scratch. I think it's more advisable to save your money up and get more lasting pieces in better metals.

Some interesting little bits and bobs of jewellery! 
Here are some shots of really cool designs I saw:




Okay moving on from jewellery I didn't really manage to catch much food because the queues were so long you really couldn't even tell which were the queues and which lines were just people passing and the whole event area was so cramped we didn't really want to wait in line to get anything. On a serious note though they were charging $10 for a small ass box of fries. Like it's not truffle fries or anything particularly expensive, so I would attribute it to overpriced hipster food and generally something I didn't want to burn my money on.


I did want to try this layered fruit juice thing but it was sold out when I visited it so oh well :( I heard that this brand has its own store in Singapore though so I think that might be a future post idea ;)
I may have accidentally caught the lady moving her nose wups...

But that sums it up for Artbox! It was a fun place to visit, although I really didn't feel like spending my money there because the prices really weren't very justified for me. I also felt that the organisers should have given less parking and spent more area on the booths to ensure there was more area to walk on... but otherwise this was a pretty cool experience, although it is definitely one that I would not go for again in future (pretty unlikely unless I have nowhere else to go / they improve a whole lot). It was a fun place for you to get cool photos though so that is certainly a plus :)

Let's end this post on a more positive note though! I hope you guys are having a great day. It took me quite a while to edit and finish up this post so thank you for waiting :) Hope you enjoyed reading! 

Love,
Khione






Comments

Popular Posts