❤ How to shop in stores ❤ Tips + tricks

Hey! 🙋

I'm back today to share with y'all my top tips on saving money and how I do it, particularly to fuel your shopping cart dreams. 😁

As y'all know, clothes nowadays can be really really pricey, and it doesn't feel good to see your bank account balance going down every week because you can't stop shopping. Today, I really want to share my top tips on how I get my clothes.


Tip 1. Don't buy things immediately. Make sure you try on the right size for you (and not society's view of what your size should be)

I've come to realise over the years that buying things immediately tend to create many shopping regret cases where you feel like what you got was totally an impulse purchase - and that is more often than not true, because you didn't have time to think through whether you really need an item. I also find myself sometimes fitting into crazy sizes for different items ( up to 2 sizes up and down from normal size ) so make sure you get the right size for yourself, and don't feel like you always need to get your "regular size" based on the numbers. Your regular size is whatever size fits for that particular style.


But of course, you don't want to lose the chance of getting the item do you?

Tip 2 : Transfer the item you consider purchasing to another store to buy yourself time to think about whether you want it or not. Alternatively, try to reserve the item. 

Buy yourself some more time to consider when you are shopping by reserving the item or transferring the item to another store. Or if you're really desperate hog the fitting room for a bit and give yourself a little time to think. 😉😉😉




Tip 3: Ask yourself if you really need it 😤😤😤

Now that you've created more time for yourself, try to ask yourself if you really need the item. Think in terms of how often you can wear it and whether it's practical based on your way of life. Don't buy items that are only trendy for a short while and are unlikely to make a comeback anytime soon in the future for other seasons etc. Make sure you can really wear your way through the item!

Something that I also like to do is to ask my friends how they feel about the item 💁 etc. to get a secondary opinion - I think it really helps me judge whether or not I should get something.

I also tend to spend a tad more on basics such as denim shorts since they are items that I will wear again and again and again so I can really get my money's worth on getting a better quality pair.

Tip 4: Look for ways to make it cheaper! 🙀🙀

There are many stores nowadays with student discounts, or special festival discounts etc. Try to find yourself a better deal and save a few bucks along the way. One great idea is to try to find discounted gift cards for your favourite stores on Carousell (but check the expiry). 

Alternatively, try to see if the item you want is available on Carousell. Sometimes, there are people who sell the item you may want, (brand new / not), online for a much better, more discounted price. If that option is cheaper than buying in store, then make sure you buy it online instead. That being said, make sure you know your size for that particular fit.


😍 That's it! 😍

I hope these tips come in super handy for shopping in your favourite stores - it's just a little something I thought I would share since I myself am quite the shopaholic as well. Have fun!

Love,
Khione








Comments

Popular Posts