How I spent Chinese New Year holiday (the final day)

Hello ~ 

I'm free today so I thought I'd do some sort of follow me around CNY edition (KL trip to be up soon) 

So in the morning we had Macdonald's breakfast :-) 
We had a pretty nice breakfast and conversation for a couple hours before we went home to chill. 

I went out to Marina Square to shop afterwards (just to kill time and all). And yes, this was the day I got my new Zara top! :-) 
Haul already posted :-) 
And here's my ootd! 
My shirt is from Massimo Dutti, shorts from Topshop, jacket from Factorie, shoes from Fred Perry and bag from Kanken :-) 

I was starving a little as we were having a late dinner so I had a Strawberry Red Velvet Mocha from Starbucks :-) 
It was suuuuper good 
Although if you hate the artificial strawberry taste you might be having a slight issue...
And then we proceeded on to have dinner! It was late because we booked a table at Jumbo East Coast for dinner. 

Let me show you what we ordered :-) 

First of all we ordered our favourite Signature Tofu with seaweed and mushrooms in a very thick gravy :-) 
I love this dish and we pretty much order it every time we go just because it's really good! 

Next we got our Salted Egg Crab which is probably a new dish as they didn't have this before and so we decided to try it (also because we love salted egg yolk)
You know what I found this crab extremely enjoyable :-) the sauce coated the crab really well and so it tasted absolutely amazing! I do feel like better tools could be provided for eating crab though :-)

And then came up our broccoli 
I do believe this was sautéed with garlic :-) 

And then came prawn ~
We love the prawn here because not only was it cooked great, the bottom of the sauce has this thin layer of egg and vermicelli which tastes amazing with your rice (promise). You won't see the vermicelli anywhere else as it's slightly different at different Jumbo restaurants recipe wise, so I do recommend you order this when you go East Coast Jumbo. 
Next up was barbecued fish. I do think this one is rather subject to your taste though as I've always found the skin to be too salty for my liking, but there are others who love this fish. All a matter of taste for this one, it's really a hit or miss :). 

And then came crab number 2 
We ordered relatively small crabs that day which is why we got two of them, one in salted egg yolk, and this one above is in black pepper sauce 


We ordered the Mocha Pork Ribs as well! 
This are always a favourite 

Overall the meal was absolutely scrumptious and it was really cool being able to have a fun catch up session with my family :-) 

I hope you enjoyed this post! 

Love,
Khione 

Comments

Popular Posts