Vegetarian food experience @ Sufood

Hey guys! So vegetarian food restaurant sufood has been extremely popular lately for its amazing prices for its vegetarian food (OCBC Promotion which ends this week). The promotion actually brings a full meal down to around $15 a person.



 Let's start off bit by bit :) 

Appetiser
They do give a very interesting appetiser. There's this food jelly I'm not quite sure what it is, celery and yam. Honestly, I hated this appetiser as I just didn't like the taste of it. It is subject to your tastebuds tho 


They also give you some plum drink (again, I don't do plum) 


Starters

Starters were SUCH a huge improvement I swear 

We were a two people pax so I'll be able to show you a little more :) 
Focaccia breadsticks with a dip. I'm not sure what the dip was, but I preferred the breadsticks on its own 


I ordered the Caesar salad which tasted really really good. The vegetables are fresh, and it comes with some beautiful garden greens, some focaccia croutons and the salad sauce.

The mushroom salad looks like that^ I didn't have any of it :) 

We were also able to choose some soups! 

I ordered the mushroom pea soup which was really really good! It has these fresh chunks of mushroom inside which taste amazing 


We also got the pumpkin soup but I felt the mushroom was better :)

Main course 

For the main course, I ordered the charcoal tagliatelle mushroom spaghetti
It's not that spicy if you remove the red chilli. Something to mention that was really really weird, the tagliatelle tasted like those banmian (traditional Chinese handmade noodles) in squid ink and completely didn't come off to me as pasta. Nonetheless, it's an absolutely amazing dish and I really do love it! 

 
Star pizza - I tried a slice of this. The little star corners are filled with cream cheese, and the centre is a generic Asian style pizza (similar to Wafu Pizza from Watami Japanese Restaurant) but of course, vegetarian. There will be mustard inside though, which I wasn't all that fond of. And of course, it's topped with seaweed. This dish is actually really good :) 

Desserts and drinks 

Desserts do come with drinks in this restaurant ;) 
Some sort of passionfruit drink and sesame Panna cotta. I thought the pannacotta was too creamy but of course my fellow diner felt otherwise :) 

I ordered the black currant and elderberry juice and a classic vanilla ice cream with hot chocolate fudge
Closeup! 


Fun fact: this chocolate is quite special because the moment you pour it on the ice cream it hardens (trés cool) 

Service, location and more~
We went to Raffles City to dine and for some reason the service was really quite slow. It took around 1 hour + for us to fully finish up because there was so much waiting time in between. Also, the portions were so huge we had to pack our mains for dinner... Guess that means it's worth it? Idk. Definitely worth a visit even if you're not vegetarian because the experience is pretty special :) 

And on a side note, please give me some time to upload my Australia trip posts as I have so many pictures to put in the upload fails pretty easily >< 

See you soon! 

Love, 
Khione

Comments

Popular Posts