Streetwear trend: Graphic Tees and how to style them (Collab with DNA SG + Review)

Hey guys!

Today's post has been long awaited because I have seriously been seeing these kind of tees everywhere - and I thought it would be great to feature some really good affordable ones, as well as how to style them :) I will be featuring ones from DNA SG, so let's jump right in!

I'm sure you've been seeing these graphic tees around recently, they are sold everywhere. They're normally plain at the front, very simplistic, and then a complete party in the back which I absolutely adore because I think it's really dope, and super street savvy. And here's something else that's really great - they're unisex ;)
Picture
On the left: Devil Tee from DNA SG, $27, Unisex
On the right: Angel Tee from DNA SG, $27, Unisex
Now I don't know about you, but I'm really picky on the design of the graphics - I really like very monochrome graphic tees, with very loud and symbolic designs at the back. And of course, I love styling them to look street casual. 

What to style them with
Angel Tee, $27 from DNA SG
Superstar Hat from Adidas (ASOS)
Julian Backpack from Rebecca Minkoff
Army Jacket from Jac Vanek x Topshop
And here is how I styled my first look, with the Angel tee. The first item I want to talk about when styling your graphic tees are snapbacks, and these have been all the rage lately in Korean and American streetwear. Personally I think you can find some really great ones at REDEYE or Forever 21, but if you're a little higher budget, the Hater snapbacks are a classic.

If you really want some nicer snapbacks rather than the average plain ones, I think it's a really good idea to try some with simple designs. I have seen the ones below at REDEYE at around $16 for one, or alternatively you could try to get them on Taobao.韩国ulzzang休闲百搭鸭舌帽女春秋天弯檐帽子韩版遮阳嘻哈棒球帽
These are also unisex which means they will work for the guys as well.
韩版gd权志龙吴亦凡同款帽子别针圆环铁环鸭舌帽男女嘻哈帽棒球帽
Another snapback that has been extremely popular in Korea particularly, inspired by one of my favourite Korean shows Unpretty Rapstar, were these snapbacks. They have a little bit of wording on them, which really adds a great touch to these caps - but the main thing are these interesting metal hoops that you see on the cap. 

I have seen these multiple times in different colours and different metalware in terms of colour and design (they even have safety pin ones). I have seen these in REDEYE, again around $16 as well as on Taobao for a lot less

Zippered & Ribbed Leather Snapback
Zippered and Ribbed Snapback from hatersnapback.com
I won't be covering Hater snapbacks since they're pretty common, but I do encourage you check them out yourself at hatersnapback.com

Next up: Backpacks and Jackets + more
The next two are combined together because they're definitely optional - but I just want to lightly touch on them. 

Since graphic tees like these are well designed on the back, I think that it's not advisable to wear a jacket since that only serves to cover the design. You could use a flannel to tie around the waist if you really want to, and of course if you're stepping into a colder environment, a good bomber /baseball /army /hoodie would be really great to style with.

To me, backpacks are definitely just my kind of thing with these graphic tees, and I think it really adds the whole street element since it is a straight up casual kind of bag. If you're looking for a good one, you can try Kanken / Jansport. 
Image result for rebecca minkoff julian gymImage result for kanken bag mini lilac
On the left: Rebecca Minkoff Julian Gym Backpack in Ombre Blue
right: Kanken Mini in Milky Lilac
To complete the look, try going for some casual sneakers like your regular Converse, or slip ons and if you really want to, knee high socks.
Image result for adidas superstar slip on
Adidas Superstar Slip-ons in Black
Where to get the them
Devil Tee from DNA SG, $27
Shorts from Factorie, $34.90
Sarah Bucket Bag from Furla, price unknown
So of course, I would recommend you guys to get your graphic tees from DNA SG, since they're all hand designed. There are reasons behind these and I'm not just blindly supporting them - and let my explain to you why.

To give an honest review, they're products are really great quality. The shirts are soft cotton but totally works like dri-fit, which is really great for Singapore weather where most people would be sweating bullets. They're also extremely comfy and not scratchy at all which is great. Additionally of course the idea of it being unisex is a huge plus.

I also really like the whole Devils and Angels theme - it's simplistic, symbolic and completely modern, redefining streetwear in their own way.

And that's all! Thanks for reading this post you guys, and I hope you've enjoyed it. If you liked this post please please please check DNA SG out they're a really cool streetwear brand and do support them!

Here are the links to DNA SG's website and Instagram. Do check them out!

Do follow me on Instagram as well at: 

Love,
Khione

Comments

  1. I love the way you write and share your niche! Very interesting and different! Keep it coming!
    bitcoin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts