Truck of Terror by Cathay Cinepexes @Orchard Cineleisure

Happy Halloween!

To celebrate this wonderfully festive occasion, Cathay decided this year to introduce a truck of terror at Orchard Cineleisure ;) you may have seen some creepy as hell (haha this joke tho) (halloween tsk tsk) zombies scrolling around scaring people (and also heard the numerous screams from people who are just utterly freaked out) and also just a hint there are free movie tickets involved! 

Luckily, I happened to be there when they were just starting the set up at around 5pm :D the staff took around a half an hour or less than that to set everything up. 


So this is the set up of the little challenge. 

The criteria of the challenge was to go into this truck that has two zombies inside (obviously not real) and retrieve two jelly eyeballs. Before entering, you are also attached with a belt that has two paper tags known as life tags and if you get any ripped off you lose a point, as the same with the eyeballs. The total time given was ten seconds. 

Also you had to be above 14 to participate, and entry was free for students, NSmen, people who purchase $10 worth of things at Orchard Cineleisure, as well as those who had a ticket stub from today ;) 



I signed up for this event (there's an indemnity form in case) just before it had started, and was the second person to go in (oh yes). Honestly speaking, because my class did a haunted house for the school funfair this year, I wasn't scared of the zombies at all. The eyeballs were thrown in by the staff and I found them just fine. Unfortunately for me, one of my life tags was not exactly attached very well (or at least the same as others for some strange reason) so I lost one of them (no blame and I don't accuse anyone). The zombies were pretty harmless too, and finding the eyeballs was easy cos it was still bright. I literally hid in a corner for the last five seconds and accidentally got one life tag ripped a little (lost a point) 

The prizes were: 

For 4 points (2 eyeballs and 2 life tags intact) -> 2 platinum movie suite tickets for Cathay Cinemas
For 3 points -> 1 platinum movie suite ticket for Cathay Cinemas 
For 2 points -> 2 normal cinema movie tickets for Cathay 
For 1 point -> 1 normal cinema movie ticket for Cathay

Still, got to score some pretty awesome stuff. 

First off, for winning the challenge with 3 points I got one platinum movie ticket (which is pretty freaking awesome) 




Also, there was a photo booth which was by a company called Fotoaffairs that was printing images for free! I got to take pictures with some of the other zombies ;) clearly wasn't that intimidated haha. They are super good at printing! (Using my ipad camera hence the quality really sucks) 




All in all, super thankful to Cathay for setting up this ;) it's also my first halloween where I get a free movie ticket (and a suite one) I'd say this is definitely one of the best halloween events ever and definitely made my day! 


Picture I took with one of the zombies (the emcee haha) 
Update on outfit:
Top: Brandy Melville Sadie Moon Tank
Bag: Nike
Shorts: TOPSHOP Hallie
Flannel: TOPSHOP

Anyone else stopped by? Better check it out next year if you missed it this year because it's awesome :D 

Check my Instagram @khionenhy if you want to see the picture there! <3 

Love,
Khione 




Comments

Popular Posts