Brandy Melville Singapore Store Opening Thoughts + Haul

Hey! Brandy Melville opened in Singapore yesterday, and I'm glad to say that I was able to go, I managed to take tons of photos, try on some things, and then get one thing (I will explain why just one later) :)

Obviously I was really excited that Brandy was opening in Singapore, and luckily enough one of the staff working there had posted on Carousell the day before that it was opening at 10am at ION Orchard. Sadly I'm still schooling so obviously I'm not going to skip school. 


 I went around 2.30pm or so, and suffice to say the hype has hauled itself here from the US, because the store was packed.

For those who are unfamiliar (or haven't watched enough American teen Youtubers and their hauls), Brandy is a fashion label in the States that has been all the rage in the recent years. I have ordered from Brandy sprees before, and because there is no free international shipping anymore, it is literally crazy to order from their site through Carousell spree organisers, with shipping running up to $10 for bulkier items per piece.
Picture of the store (duh)
Brandy is also known for their gorgeous, simple and casual pieces. I would categorise them under the less affordable basics that look better than Forever 21, and personally I think the quality doesn't quite match up to the price at all, but it looks nice enough and is hyped enough for me to want to buy them. 
 I did take several photos of the store, and you can see that they really have tons of basics in more neutral / light tones, which is characteristic of Brandy pieces.
 Many of the basic tops / plain in the store range from $20-40, which is a little steep. But they are very cute and the colours that Brandy have are pretty hard to dupe.
 There was an insanely long queue for the fitting room, but I managed to try one outfit on (would've tried more but my hands were full so you know)
Cap: Alien Cap in White, $18
Top: Grateful Dead Graphic Tee, $39
Shorts: (not sure of the name) Pink Suede Shorts, $23
I was super in love with this Grateful Dead vintage graphic tee, and it was a considerably better quality (still not very good), but it was way too expensive, like $39 for that one tee which is insane. I'm still contemplating as to whether I want to get it, and I'm really not sure yet. (Please let me know if you think I should get it). Not that I couldn't get it, just that I didn't want to :(

As usual, long queue to the cashier.
 So here are more pictures of the Brandy Store. I actually really like their set ups.
 As you guys may (or may not) know, Brandy is infamous for their one size policy that literally cuts most other sizes out of their clothing. Great for fitting rooms since no one is going to take three sizes for one pair of jeans or something, but really not that great if your body shape is anything but the typical Barbie body.
Nice wall of patches I really want their patches sigh.
 More photos of their basics. I was pretty disappointed because I wanted more items from their graphic collection which I find to be slightly more iconic (it all started with the Sadie Moon Tanks, and even I have em). They did have the Alien Patch and Peachy Caps, but I would've liked to see them in caps. Personal opinion, would've been a better idea to bring in the graphics (which also tend to be cheaper).
 This was their rack of accessories. Jewelry ranged from $7-12 I think, and phone cases around $12. The bralets are around $20, and the caps around $18. Pretty fair priced and really cute.

 I also wanted to let you guys know that Brandy sells clear Lokai bracelets so if you want to get them you can! They are $25 for one, which is really good considering the typical sprees sell the bracelets for $35-40 on average (even for the plain ones). I was pretty tempted to get one, but I already have the pink and two of the purple limited editions, so I thought it was alright to curb myself.
This is a really random thought but the store could seriously afford more mirrors there is only one in the entire store (minus fitting rooms) so trying on any caps / chokers was tough.

So I got one Alien cap in the end :) It was $18, and I managed to get some Brandy stickers which are free and you can take them at the counter however many you want.

More photos and details
 Do note that all authentic brandy caps should have the labels. Very sorry for this weird toggle Blogger refuses to let me rotate my pictures.

That's it guys! Shopcasers collaboration coming up next, hope you enjoyed this post :)

Love,
Khione


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts